Goals & Objectives
Strategic Plan >
NCAFPM Strategic Plan
The North Carolina Association of Floodplain Managers, Inc. is a non-profit organization which was organized in 1989. Its membership consists of Planners, Engineers, Land Surveyors, Building Inspectors, Zoning Officials, Emergency Management Coordinators, and private sector individuals and companies with an interest in floodplain management and the National Flood Insurance Program. The Association is a chapter member of the National Association of State Floodplain Managers.
The Association is dedicated to receiving issues and providing educational opportunities for local administrators of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
The Association is dedicated to:
- Promoting public awareness of proper floodplain management;
- Promoting the professional status of floodplain management and securing all benefits resulting therefrom;
- Enhancing cooperation and exchange of information among various related private organizations; individuals; and local, state, and federal agencies;
- Keeping individuals concerned with proper floodplain management well informed through educational and professional seminars and providing a method for dissemination of information, both general and technical;
- Informing concerned individuals of pending floodplain legislation and other related floodplain management matters;
- Studying and supporting legislation pertinent and necessary to the effective implementation of floodplain management regulations.
Click here to download the NCAFPM Bylaws.
Click here to download the NCAFPM Constitution.